- Your unique applications are PERSONALLY REVIEWED by our specialists.
- We IDENTIFY risk exposures and RECOMMEND solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Our INSTALLATION SURVEYS ensure the highest level of loading dock safety.
Unmatched Loading Dock Safety: Wheel-Lok Vehicle Restraints
Wheel-Lok restraints provide the highest level of safety for the application. Wheel-Lok restraints service a variety of trailer types, such as trailers with hydraulic liftgates, dropframe trailers and trailers without an effective rear impact guard (RIG). Full-time communication of the Wheel-Lok status is provided with the Rite-Vu Light Communication System.
When to use a wheel-based restraint
Wheel-based restraints are effective in the following situations:
- Trailers without NHTSA-approved RIGs.
- Trailers with damaged or bent RIGs.
- Trailers with hydraulic lift gates.
- Trailers with low-hanging fenders.
Wheel chocks are NOT the answer
Wheel chocks can not protect across the range of hazards at the loading dock. There are many problems associated with wheel chocks:>/p>
- Slip on oily surfaces, rain, snow or ice.
- Can’t prevent a sudden departure.
- Can be easily driven over.
- Lack a communication system to alert the truck driver and lift truck operator.
- Easily lost, misplaced or stolen.
- Need to stock multiple sizes.
- Require training and supervision.
- Dangerous and time-consuming installation.
VEHICLE RESTRAINT Quick Guide
|MODEL||TYPE||APPLICATION||Did you know?|
|WHEEL-LOK||Wheel||Lift gate trailers, Straight trucks||A second wheel guide can be added to "square"trailers to the dock.|
|ROTATING HOOK RESTRAINTS||2-Point Entrapment Hook||Early departure, Trailer creep & dock walk, Landing gear failure, Trailer upending||The RHR is the original vehicle restraint and is the most proven and widely sold restraint in the world.|
|SHADOW HOOK RESTRAINTS||2-Point Entrapment Hook||Secures intermodal containers or trailers with rear impact guard obstructions.||The SHR provides safety for docks that receive overseas containers.|
|STABILIZING TRAILER RESTRAINTS||2-Point Entrapment Hook||Stabilizes trailer movement vertically and horizontally||Reduces chronic back injuries associated with trailer bounce (dock-shock).|
|VERTICAL BARRIER RESTRAINTS||Recessed Vertical Barrier||Early departure, Trailer creep||Available with combo power unit with hydraulic levelers, auto light packages can be added to manual units.|
|RITE-VU||Clear communication||Newest generation of safe loading dock communication.||Available with all Rite-Hite Dok-Lok Vehicle Restraints|
Making the right choice of product and supplier is difficult. Contact Pugleasa Company today and find out why we're the go-to firm for businesses across the midwest. Becoming educated as to your application and risk exposure is key.